There’s speculation, which is kind of creepy, that mirrors are actually a parallel universe. You’re literally looking at yourself in another universe, and they’re doing the exact same thing as you, and think the exact same things as you.
You can’t actually prove that it’s true, and you can’t prove that it’s not true, because if it is you in another universe, your reflection in the mirror will think and do exactly what you’re doing. Even if you try to trick yourself in the mirror to do something different, the other will think the same thing, and do the same as you, because they are you.
If the universe is truly infinite, then there is an infinite number of copies of you.
- DC: Wonder Woman is too difficult to find a movie audience for-
- Marvel: YO YOU LIKE BLACK WIDOW? HERE SHE IS IN THE NEXT CAPTAIN AMERICA MOVIE WITH A TON OF SCREENTIME AND MAJOR ASSKICKING SKILLS
- DC: We can't allow the lesbians in Batwoman to get married in the comic, sorry.
- Marvel: HEY GUESS WHAT WE'RE GONNA FEATURE A GAY WEDDING ON THE COVER OF AN X-MEN ISSUE
- DC: The new direction for storytelling needs to be dark, gritty, mature and cynical.
- Marvel: DUDE CHECK IT OUT LOKI GOES SPEED DATING IS THAT NOT THE BEST SHIT EVER
- DC: After years of rumors, the Superman/Batman movie is finally coming, but with a new actor and suit for Batman and MAYBE a cameo from Wonder Woman.
- Marvel: PHASE 2 MOTHERFUCKERS EVERYONE IS IN EVERYONE'S MOVIE AND THERE AIN'T NO STOPPIN US NOW
- DC: We can try to add maybe one or two 'people of color' to our lineup...maybe...
- Marvel: NEW MS MARVEL THAT'S MUSLIM AMERICAN, BITCHES.
- DC: We feel no problem with Batman's vengeful personality being like wet cardboard.
- Marvel: NEW LATINA GHOST RIDER WHO SEEKS VENGEANCE WHILE TAKING HIS AWEET LIL BRO FOR ICE CREAM
- DC: We can't mention any superhero titles in our movies, that's ridiculous.
- Marvel: FUCK YEAH YOU WANT A RACOON VOICED BY BRADLEY COOPER WITH A GIANT GUN? YOU WANT VIN DIESEL PLAYING A TREE? AMY FUCKING POND PLAYING A SEXY BALD SPACE PIRATE? HERE YOU FUCKERS GO
- DC: Our fanbase is mostly white males, I'm sure our focus is-
- Marvel: NEW SHE HULK LINE WHERE SHE GOES TO COURT THEN SAVES NEW YORK
- DC: Wait-
- Marvel: NEW FEMALE THOR
- DC: I didn't-
- Marvel: NEW BLACK CAPTAIN AMERICA
- Marvel: TAKE ALL THIS COOL SHIT MARVEL BE OUTIE
- Marvel: PEACE
Is it just me, or does the discourse in the powerlifting and bodybuilding community have the same effect on lifters’ perception of “strong” or “jacked” that photoshopping or airbrushing has on womens’ perception of beauty?
Here’s a newsflash: for the general public, a 225 bench and 315 squat are pretty darn strong for a male, and a 95 bench and 185 squat are pretty darn strong for a female.
Pick a commercial gym at random. You’ll find MAYBE 3-5 people who lift those weights out of hundreds of total members.
Sure, most of them aren’t training for pure strength, but I’d wager that if they were, most of them would still fall short of those standards.